Please read and acknowledge the following Personal Responsibility Pledge.
Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) Statement of Personal Responsibility
I pledge that, when I am present at any Tri-C campus or facility, I will act responsibly at all times to protect myself and the campus community in order to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
While on campus, I will:
- Wear a face covering that covers my mouth and nose while in College buildings and garages, and for the duration of time I am on campus.
- Wear my wristband at all times confirming I completed the Statement of Responsibility Pledge. Wristbands can be obtained at any campus Welcome Station.
- Comply with safety directives as conveyed by my instructors, campus police and other Tri-C representatives, which may include requirements that apply to a specific campus, classroom, lab or academic support area.
- Comply with all safety directives on posted signs and in email communications from the College.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet or greater between myself and others and comply, without incident, if I am asked to step back.
- Practice good personal hygiene, including frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds.
- Plan my travel to and around campus to account for possible delays related to safety protocols.
I will not come to campus if I exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- A fever equal to or greater than 100.4 F
- Body aches and/or chills
- Mild or moderate difficulty breathing (seek medical advice)
- New or worsening cough
- Sore throat
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Loss of ability to taste and/or smell (seek medical advice)
I will not return to campus until cleared by a physician or until I’ve experienced 24 hours without a fever (absent the use of fever-reducing medicines) and 10 days since symptoms first appeared.
I will not come to campus for a period of 14 days after exposure to, or diagnosis of, COVID-19.
Travel between states is restricted based on positivity rates (see restrictions). Individuals traveling to these states are required to self-isolate for 14 days upon return.
I will stay up-to-date on the information, directions and requirements shared at tri-c.edu/coronavirus.
I agree to the terms and conditions listed above in the Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) Statement of Personal Responsibility.*
I understand that, by voluntarily deciding to engage in the campus community (e.g., face-to-face/hybrid classes, campus activities, on-campus dining), I may be exposed to COVID-19 and other infections. I also understand that, like other highly contagious viruses, it is possible to for me to contract COVID-19 even if I comply with all health and safety measures as required by the College and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). I understand that, although the College is following coronavirus guidelines issued by the CDC, ODH and other experts to reduce the spread of infection, I can never be completely shielded from all risk of illness caused by COVID-19 or other infections.
*Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about this Statement of Personal Responsibility.