3rd Annual Women’s Conference
VISION, EDUCATION, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Black Diamonds Conference: Voice, Vision, Value, is a collaborative initiative of educational and community institutions in Northeast Ohio which seeks to make meaningful connection to African American secondary and post-secondary women. This initiative will provide continuous supportive opportunities and access to enhance the occupational, educational, mental, physical, and fiscal outcomes for African American women and girls.
The 3rd Annual two-day conference on October 18-19, 2019, at Cuyahoga Community College, Metropolitan Campus, in Cleveland, Ohio will convene educational, government, medical, professional, corporate and community based institutions and organizations. These community stakeholders will provide workshops, demonstrations, and strategies aimed at increasing participation, examination, and integration of young women of color into professional and sustainable occupations and careers.
The committee invites proposals that:
- Address challenges and provide strategies for building healthy and authentic relationships with self, family, and others
- Educational programs/models which engage women of color in non/traditional educational or occupational fields (STEM, Trades, IT)
- Information to increase participation in post-secondary education or training
- Classroom demonstrations highlighting skills, and proficiencies required for 21st century occupations and success at the post-secondary level
- Information and workshops which provide young women of color with strategies regarding fiscal responsibility, financial aid, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy
- Innovative and interactive workshops, which promote and engage healthy physical lifestyles
Deadline for submissions is: Friday, May 10 for returning speakers and June 1, for first time participants.